In what is an exciting time, the Brunswick Football Club is seeking applications for the role of Senior Coach for our Men’s team who play in division one of the VAFA competition. Brunswick plays at Gillon Oval, and the club has a great connection with the local community, as well as the Brunswick Junior Football Club. Next year we again plan to run two senior men’s, two senior female teams (Renegades), and an under 19’s team in the VAFA.
The club has developed its playing list over the last few seasons to finish in a top-two position and played off in the Grand Final in division two in 2019, ultimately falling short but confirming promotion to division one. With the demographic of our group mainly falling within the 20-25 age bracket, we see this position as one that will continue to harness the development of our young group. The playing group is tight-knit, and many of 2019’s playing group will be again playing next season. We also will have the influx of the top age under 19’s from 2019 into senior ranks. The key focus for the successful applicant will be the continual development of the playing list to achieve the overall purpose and objectives of Brunswick FC and to work together with the coaching group to have a constant game plan across both seniors and reserves. Prior experience in coaching is desirable, and you are expected to have attained or will attain at a minimum the level 1 AFL Victoria coaching accreditation with the thought around moving towards a level 2 coaching accreditation.
We have a great coterie community that allows us access to some fantastic work contacts as well as possible employment opportunities within many industries.
Principal duties include:
- Ensure effective player policies, team rules and code of conduct are followed to uphold the reputation and aspirations of the Club.
- Provide game day coaching expertise and leadership.
- Instruct, provide input and attend weekly training sessions.
- Ensure a consistent club coaching policy & strategy is applied.
- Provide regular individual and group player feedback.
- Engage with the Brunswick Football community through attendance at relevant post-game functions and fundraising events.
- Engage with the junior football club to ensure a smooth transition from junior to senior ranks.
A negotiable amount of remuneration is available to the right applicant.
Applications to be lodged via email to the above address by the 1st NOVEMBER 2020.
Brunswick Football Club is an inclusive sporting club that welcomes all with no bias towards sex, race, disability, or sexuality. We are a proud part of the equal rights movement and this position is open to all.